Pages

martedì 16 ottobre 2012

Matisse inspired :D

I've done a painting inspired to Matisse about a naked woman. I've used acrylics colorous, watercolours and pencils.

The colours are a little bit altered probably because of the flash of the scanner so they seem to be more brilliant than they are truly.

I've started with the background. First I've used watercolours trying to obtain a suitable effect but indeed I wasn't so satisfied because the colours weren't as "brilliant" as I would, so, after that, I've decided to add to the painting some acrylics (red, yellow and black) put down with a convolute foil to obtain a "spot" effects on the floor (I don't know if you can see it in the picture attached because of the scanning quality).

The most difficult part to realise for me was the figure of the woman because of multiple kind of shadows on her body. In the original painting I guess there is a mixed pink&yellow for the skin some shadows are grey&green and some spot light are realised with some white painting. So first I've tried to follow the original colours of the shadow than I've decide to work freely making becoming the skin yellow, light orange and light brown with spot light painted in white but with some colour in it (red, green and blu). I did love the idea of yellow skin because I think it comes up from the brilliant red floor. Probably the most difficult part of the figure was her face.

I've read something about Matisse and the Cezanne influence on his work and I've found that very interesting because he admitted to be influenced from other artists and I think this is great because this means that you've study all they paintings to understand the secret of their works.





Nessun commento:

Contatore